Saturday, March 30, 2013

Intro Post

I suppose I should do a first post, even though I already wrote my actual first post (it is just waiting for pictures and to be published).

I have been meaning to write a blog for a while now.  I tried writing one when I was wedding planning, but then we got married and I fell down the steps.  That was no fun to blog about, so that went belly up (I will write about that at some point).

About me:  I am Lisa, 28, live in St. Louis, moving to Cincinnati in June, married to a med student soon to be resident, new mommy, former nanny, geologist by training, bassoonist, reader of many blogs, handbell ringer, crafter, TV connoisseur, dog and rabbit lover.

I have been constructing blog posts in my head for about a year, but I couldn't come up with a blog name.  My husband suggested this and it is perfect.  It is a problem my dog Winston suffers from, too many kisses.  He loves us and our baby too much he smothers us in big lab kisses.  We tell him this on a daily basis.  I am also very exuberant and can come on a little strong myself, so it is very fitting.

Just a preview of things I plan to blog about over the next few months (when I'm not traveling, buying a house, or moving):

  • being married to a med student/resident and that whole deal
  • being a SAHM for now, and holy shit, how did I go from attending an Ivy league school to getting my Mrs. degree to being a full time mommy?
  • lots of baby tips, I have opinions, many of them 
  • baking, crafting, and generally being domestic
  • also my thoughts on pop culture, tv, and fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment